Is breakfast a struggle ? Not in the mood to cook anything when you wake up ? Always in the rush to get out the door ? Rarely able to throw down anything other than a quick bowl of cereal ?
If your mornings look anything like that or if you’re rushing to get off to work this Matcha overnight oats is absolutely perfect for you !
It takes less than 5 minutes to prep and the rest of the magic happens while you sleep.
Hello spoonfuls of yummy energy ! Easy, simple & so dang delicious.
THIS MATCHA OVERNIGHT OATS IS :
Full of protein
Rich in fiber
Low in sugar
Perfect to start your day :)
INGREDIENTS (4 SERVINGS)
1 cup of oats
1 cup of vegetable yogurt
1 cup of vegetable milk
2 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 ½ tsp Teangle Cooking & Recipe Matcha
2 tsp vanilla extract
Preparation time : 5 minutes
In an airtight container, combine all the ingredients. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
When ready to serve, transfer to a bowl or glass jar for a grab-and-go version and top with fruit, nut butter or other toppings of your choice!
Some ideas to vary the flavors :
- Coconut and blackberries : Use coconut milk and garnish with coconut flakes and blackberries
- Raspberries and almonds : Crush a small handful of raspberries in the bottom of a glass jar. Add the oatmeal and garnish with raspberries, almond butter, coconut flakes and a pinch of cinnamon
- The gourmand : 1 tsp dark chocolate chips in a serving of oatmeal and garnish with hazelnut butter and banana slices
- Kiwi-lime-basil : Garnish the portion of oatmeal with diced kiwi, lime zest and chopped basil
- The key-lime pie : Mix 1 tsp lime zest and lemon juice to one serving of oatmeal and garnish with granola
- The chai-banana : Use the matcha chai for the recipe and garnish with bananas, almond butter, coconut flakes and a pinch of cinnamon
- Strawberry and cream : Garnish the oatmeal with sliced strawberries and a drizzle of coconut cream
Take a picture, share it on Instagram and tag us @teanglematcha